Prowess Climbing Coaching offers many different options for you to improve. Ratios vary from 1:1, Small Groups (between 2 and 6 climbers) and Large Groups (between 7 and 12 climbers) with prices varying accordingly.
Below are some of the options available. If nothing tempts you, feel free to get in touch to discuss a more bespoke offering:
Please note: prices do not include wall entry, as some people already have wall passes. However, a group rate is available so if you are paying to climb, please let us know beforehand and the cheaper group rate can be arranged.
Private, 1:1 coaching is by far the most popular option and is available at £20 per hour. Sessions usually last either two or three hours, although some are longer or shorter.
During your first session, we will start with some conversation and some analysis of your existing skills, then move into a warm up, before attacking one area of weakness (if not more) during the main bulk of the session.
After your session, you will receive a Session Report, detailing what we covered, the Take Home of ways to improve on your own sessions afterwards, and an idea of what you can look forward to on the next session.
Note: please do not arrive early and warm up before the session. Looking at warm ups is an integral part of the teaching and something we will look at in depth. If you would like to make the most of your time at the wall, please let me know and we can tailor your session to leave you with enough energy to carry on afterwards.
Click here to book 1:1 Coaching now
View this post on Instagram
With a deluge falling from the sky back home and a desire to get out to get away from life for the day, @curly_hair_climber and I headed across the top of the country to @boardroomclimb for a session. It was good! Man they like their toe hooks and big dynamic moves there and I tell you what, they do them well! We also took the opportunity to do some training too; but not typical strength training. With an upcoming long weekend in Helsinki approaching, I wanted to improve my tactical skills and it's something I'll be writing about in my blog very soon. Keep an eye on the link in the bio. Many thanks to @curly_hair_climber For grabbing the photos of me #worldclasswales #northwalesbouldering #northwales #escalada #escalade #grimpeur #rockclimbing #bouldering #bouldering_pictures_of_instagram #climbing #climbing_photos_of_instagram #climbinglife #climbing_is_my_passion #indoorclimbing
Workshops are ideally suited for small or large groups and are more syllabus led, albeit with a massive dose of student-led learning. Small groups are charged at £30 per person, while Large Groups at £20 per person. All workshops run for two hours.
Workshops currently on offer are as follows:
- Finding and Pushing Your Limits. This workshop looks at how you can find your current levels and work to push them further
- Static and Dynamic Climbing. Develop greater skills moving either statically or dynamically, not necessarily including jumping off the wall
- Structuring Your Session. Make the most of your sessions by implementing a structure that maximises your energy.
- Two Factors for Good Footwork. Two areas to focus your attention to develop fantastic footwork.
- Pyramid Training. For physical training, this workshop shows a method of training that doesn’t involve hanging still and staring at a wall.
- Finding Weaknesses. A workshop designed to help climbers isolate their weaknesses through the TTPP model.
Click here to book a workshop now
This may seem odd at first but an online consultation is available for those not close enough to be able to attend a session in person. During this conversation, we will talk about your goals, your local facilities and your time availability.
From here, a completely bespoke series of exercises and methods to attain your goals will be set out. This is a two-way conversation and is built entirely around what you have available and what you want to achieve. Consultations cost £20 per hour and include a written report for your records sent to you afterwards.
Click here to book a consultation now
View this post on Instagram
Two things are happening here: first, I'm #training to utilise my #core more and keep my feet on. As you can see, more work needs to happen and when they do cut loose, I need to be more accurate getting them back on. But this is easier to see with the second thing: in #experimenting with #slowmotion #analysis to better understand my flaws, they become much more obvious. Yes you can see that poor foot placement in real time but it's so much easier to see when slowed down. It really is a fantastic tool and something I'll be using a lot more in the near future. Oh there's a third lesson: put your camera in a sensible place! I guess that's the pay off with the #phonewedgedinshoe method of filming yourself… #coaching #coach #learning #bouldering #rockclimbing #climbing #climbing_photos_of_instagram #climbinglife #climbing_is_my_passion
Presentations and Lectures
Prowess can deliver a variety of presentations and lectures. These are primarily practical applications of academic theory or methods of teaching students.
Current lectures available include:
- The Process. This presentation looks at HOT, POT and MOT and all the factors in between that link all climbs together and allow for effective teaching and learning in climbing. They are the guiding principles behind all climbing.
- Instructor or Coach? This presentation looks at the difference between instruction and coaching, whether it matters and how you can use this to become a better educator.
- Risk Free Belay Instruction. A presentation describing a method of teaching belaying to beginners without the need for a climber; thus allowing teaching in a one-to-one setting and eliminating the risk factor of having an active climber with novice belayer. This can also be run as a workshop.
- Experience lectures. A lecture detailing some of my past experiences bouldering around Europe
- Bouldering with babies. A lecture designed to help those with young children who still wish to get out climbing accomplish their dream.
All presentations and lectures are interactive with the audience and charged at £100 for two hours.
Click here to book a presentation or lecture now
Coach Feedback Session
Are you a coach rather than a climber? Do you work with groups or individuals and wonder about the quality of your delivery? A Coach Feedback Session might be just the thing and does exactly what it says on the tin: offers Feedback for Coaches.
From my particular background, I am aware of much academic research into coaching as well as how to put this into practice in the wall. I will observe your session and analyse it with you at the end, providing a report with some areas for you to investigate.
To allow you to still earn from your sessions, Coach Feedback is deliberately priced low at £15 per hour, regardless of the number of clients.
Click here to book Coach Feedback now
More Information on Courses
If you’d like to know more on the structure and content of the courses, there are two places to visit: either the Types of Session page, which details how the sessions are designed and which ratios are best suited and the Course Content page, which explains about the breakdown of areas of your climbing that are used to be able to help you make maximum gains in the time you have.