This page is dedicated to articles and information directed at the climber.
There is a wide variety of articles here, from pieces about projecting to ideal ways for you to train but they are all to help you develop your own personal skills. More will appear regularly.
- Being SMART with Goal Setting. A look at one of the popular models of Goal Setting and an alternative that could be incorporated to improve it even further.
- It’s a HIIT. How to use High Intensity Interval Training in your training program as a climber.
- How to Get Better At Climbing… Without Going Climbing. An in depth look at methods of training for climbing without access to climbing walls, gyms and crags.
- At Home Exercise Video Series. Ten videos of exercises to target and hone muscles for climbing when actual climbing isn’t an option
- Eggs in Baskets: the Importance of a Variety of Projects. Having one solitary project that you’re currently working on can have downsides. Here, we look at ways of maximising any available days by adjusting your mentality slightly.
- The Horrid World of Projecting. This article takes a look at what it takes to complete a long term project.
- Fingerboards: Are They For You? The much misunderstood world of hangboards can often tempt in beginners and this piece looks at their suitability for those new to the sport.
- Keeping it Fresh: How to Keep the Psyche Going With Old Routes In the Wall. After an old friend contacted me to ask about how to stay motivated when the routes don’t change enough for him at his local wall, i penned this seven-point piece to help him out.